Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service appertains to stashing and/or sharing given content on a hosting server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are different forms of hosting services used for different ends, so let's review these. Thus, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to build a web page, email box accounts, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service distributed by certain file storage providers, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services often involve advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly awry interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would divide the load between independent groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different website hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is good if you would like to share a big quantity of pictures with pals or colleagues since the service is typically free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your email aliases. Some firms offer web space hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email service. If you would like to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will permit you to own as many video files as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to possess a site. To some degree, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email aliases, upload video clips, etc. At 100WebSpace, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for specific content exclusively.